French / Spanish / German after-school classes at ESF schools / Chinese International School / Sai Kung
Since 1986, Hong Kong Institute of Languages/ HK Kidz has been providing French, Spanish and German extra-curricular classes for children at Beacon Hill School, Bradbury School, Chinese International School, Clearwater Bay School, Discovery Bay International School, Glenealy School, Kennedy School, Kowloon Junior School (Rose & Perth Street), Peak School, Quarry Bay School, Shatin Junior School, as well as at some of Hong Kong's most prestigious schools.
Our classes are available to children from 5 years old up from beginner to advanced levels. They take place after regular school hours on weekdays and on Saturday. All our classes are supported by a Pedagogical Coordinator.
French / Spanish / German After-School Classes
These courses are designed for children who want to get a real headstart while still in Primary school, and learn from a qualified native-speaking teacher, ensuring that they develop the very best accent, right from the start (we can also arrange classes for Secondary / High school students).
Our lessons are designed to be useful, interesting and enjoyable, with ample opportunities for your child to participate actively in the lessons. The focus is on developing the four skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing, with a special emphasis on speaking to help your child develop strong communication skills and build confidence.
Progress Monitoring & Evaluation
- After each class, your child receives a lesson report.
- Mid-term, we conduct an in-class progress check in an "I can do" form. This mid-term evaluation serves to assist your child's teacher to accurately identify each student's strengths and weaknesses and to plan her/his future lessons accordingly. There is also a special "Open class" to show you first-hand your child's achievements.
- At the end of each term, we conduct another progress check in the form of a simple test to assess your child's improvement in the language, and invite you to a parent-teacher meeting to discuss your child's progress and hand you a detailed report to highlight the new linguistic skills that your child has acquired.
- At the end of the school year (3 terms), we conduct a post-course check/test, and your child will be presented with a Diploma issued by the Institute recognising his/her level of linguistic proficiency, as well as a Council of Europe's Child Language Portfolio which serves as an open-ended record of his/her achievements in the language.
Getting Ahead! - For ages 5-6
- to acquire confident communication skills at the most receptive age
- to absorb the new language through fun-filled activities, songs, stories, games
Focus is on creating a positive, enjoyable experience for your child and inspiring a love of learning!
French / Spanish / German in Action! - For ages 7-11
- to learn everyday language in various natural settings
- to develop strong comprehension and communication skills
- to gain an exciting insight into French /Spanish / German culture
Emphasis is on developing your child’s competence and building up his/her confidence while having fun!
Mother Tongue Support!
For native French / Spanish / German speaking children aged 5-11
- to increase listening comprehension and oral communication skills
- to enhance reading, writing and spelling skills
- to develop an interest in French /Spanish / German culture
Emphasis is on helping your child become truly bilingual and maintain contact with his/her cultural heritage!
- Class length ranges from 45 minutes to 1½ hours. Classes are available once or twice weekly, right after school hours on weekdays and/or on Saturdays, on your child's school premises.
- Classes are organised in small groups of 4-6 children - to maximise teacher's individual attention and progress.
- Children are grouped according to age, language background and level.
- Classes are taught by qualified and experienced native-speaking teachers only.
Register your child for all 3 terms and receive a 10% discount!
Beacon Hill School
Chinese International School
Clearwater Bay School
Shatin Junior School
Note: these courses are also available at our premises in Central and Sai Kung. We can also arrange classes - one-to-one or group - in the comfort of your own home.
For more information or to register your child registration, please contact our School Hotline on 2537 2230 or send an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org